Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Live Blog 1: Red Sox vs. A's


Good Morning, out there.

Is it early, or what?

The clock on the microwave says 5:50. I don't know when I've ever seen this.

But it's all for a good cause. After all, it's Opening Day, although not of the traditional kind, but still it's Major League Baseball's first game: Boston vs. Oakland from Tokyo.

Daisuke Matzusaka vs. Joe Blanton.

The moon is full and it's still pitch dark, yet we're about to embark on the first pitch at 6:05 a.m.

I'm trying to remember other times in the past 10 years I've set my alarm to get up before 6 a.m.

Once or twice, to catch an early flight. 

Once to run a marathon, twice for a half.

A few times to catch a bible study.

Once to catch the Aurora Borealis in Okeechobee, Fla., which was a complete waste of time.

Hopefully, I won't be saying that today.

It's 5:59 a.m. Let's play ball.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was still asleep at opening pitch!